Saturday, August 05, 2006

Small Group.. The Element Of Fellowship

It is Saturday night and I found myself having to return early from our small group outing. Let me just say that I LOVE OUR GROUP. I was a little bumed that I had to come home early (Solly was not going down quietly), so I left early from the bowling frenzy that was taking place. By the way the guys were sooooo stomping the girls. GO Squash!!!!!

Anyway, when I returned home Solly of course had gone to sleep and this left me with some time for Jeremy. So I began to think about the people in our small group and how we had begun to make connections with each other and it hit me. This is the Koinonia that is spoken of in scripture

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and the prayers. Acts 2:42(ASV)

This is our group!!!! We pray togther, study scripture together, laugh together, cry together, Do A LOT of eating together and most of all we love together. It is the coolest thing to have a group of people that you know you can count on.



The video clip you just watched was not a clip from Napolean Dynamite, although if we looked within our group we may just find some characters. By the way thanks to Chris for the excellent footage. We are just out and about doing life together. Isn't that what we should do as believers, be there for each other?
I guess the thing that kills me is when I hear people say "small group is just not for them" or "they don't like small group."

WOW, you don't want people to be there for you and hold your arms up when you feel like you can't go on? You want to go through life without knowing people are lifting you up before the Lord and asking God's blessings on you and your family? You don't want to laugh and laugh hard when you share the crazy experiences that you have had and then realize others have done crazier? You don't want to have the blessing of riding down the road and getting a call from out of the blue from one of you small group family and hear them say "I just wanted to tell you I was praying for you and I appreaciate you."?

Well as for me GIVE ME SMALL GROUP!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger sarahsloan said...

Jeremy although I only spent a few minutes with you before you had to leave I wanted to say the time we spent with the group was so much fun. You really do have a special group of people and we hope to be able to spend more time with you all in the future. You are right everyone needs to have friend to count on.
Thanks for the chance to meet you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home