Sunday, August 13, 2006

Got Milk?

We have come to yet another mile stone in journey of parenting. We have begun to give Solly milk. Yes the nectar from the cow, the stuff that is a lot cheaper than formula. It is hard to believe that in a few short weeks our little baby will be 1 year old. Man time is flying by, so that is why you better make the most of every moment.

Over the past few weeks Raymond has really hit a chord in my heart with the sermons on family and parenting. I pretty much had rearranged my entire priority list, but this has taken it to the next level. It is amazing what a child, your child will do to your life. I mean we all have the understood things like you no longer will sleep through the night without listening for that cry, or it now takes 3 times longer to get ready or go anywhere than it did before. These things are the basic stuff you expect. What you don't expect is the overwhelming responsibility that hits you when you look into those eyes and see how much this little life depends on you and when you look even deeper in those same eyes and are smacked with the magnitude of love that this little person has for you.

I really want to be the godly father that I should be for Solomon. What do I need to do? What do I need to say? How do I become less concerned with my needs and more with his? What can I sacrifice in my life, so that his will be better? How am I investing in Solomon's life emotionally, spiritually, and relationally?

Then two things hit me as I'm standing there with all the cold air rushing out of the door of the dairy case. One, all I have to do is go deeper in my relationship with my heavenly father, because as my relationship with Him deepens I will know the answers to my other questions. Then two, Wow! Who would have thought all that would come out of grabbing a gallon of milk out of the dairy case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home