Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Time Flys

You ever blinked and found that time had not only passed, but warped?
That is what I feel like has happened in my life since October.

Has it really been eight months since I blogged? I know some of you said, uh yes and we are bored.

Well I will do a quick catch up for everyone

September- Celebrated Solomon's 1st Birthday (Fish Theme) and found out we were expecting baby number 2 on the same day. Excited and Scared all wrapped up in one bundle. But Hey I guess we really have done better than we thought with Solly.
October -Found out D had a Blighted Ovum (which is basically pregnancy without the baby. It was just a shell and no baby. She had a D&C and we began the process of emotional restoration. Went to the Pumpkin Patch with the best small group in the world. Thanks guys for all the support.
November-Solly starts really making sense with his words, and is running all over the place causing us run after him. Turkey Day was a blast and we have tons to be thankful for.
December- I have always loved Christmas, but this year was unbelievable. There is nothing like putting toys together and setting them up (with complete exhaustion and cross eyes from reading instructions that say place part b into section c and then use the 2" screws to connect the lower panel to the side panel while holding your left foot over your head and singing the Elmo theme song.) parents you know what I'm talking about. The look on Solly's face as he came through the door that morning was one that is forever etched into my heart. I honestly felt my heart ache with the tremendous amount of love and joy of seeing my child in awe. At that point I realized the joy of the Father when He sees His children in awe of what He does.
January- Happy New Year 2007, Solly starts School aka: Daycare. He loves it and after 2 weeks D and I stop crying. :)
February- The month of love and kisses and candy. The three things I gave D. She in turn gave me the joy of knowing baby #2 is on the way. WOW!!!! Need I say more. I predict we are having another boy, and D says no it's a girl.
March-Solly is talking up a storm and we realize we have a full blown TODDLER. D is doing well and we are due October 20th. We hear the heartbeat 162 beats per minute. Was asked to sing for the largest group of people I have ever sang in front of. Officer Shelton's funeral. May God bless all those who protect us.
April-In addition to Worship Ministry I began working with the students at CHBC. It is a challenge but I'm always up for one. Solly's vocab is growing and so is our library of children's movies. Sometime I go to sleep at night singing the Alphabet song.
May- Great month. I turned 35. Wow that is an entire blog in itself. Had a little scare with one of the screening tests on the baby. It came back positive, however we went for an ultrasound and everything was fine. D was right we are having a $$$$ I mean a girl. She cried, I cried the ultrasound tech then joined us and cried also.
June-Looked at my blog after small group and it was pretty bad. Thanks Sloan you inspired me.

You know blogging is a lot like going to the dentist. If you do a little each day, then you don't spend and hour in the bathroom trying to catch up on six months of flossing. Which reminds me I have a dentist apt. tomorrow.

As the journey continues I rest in the grace and comfort of knowing my God loves me and cares for me everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home